Due to the ongoing crisis in Sudan, we have suspended all operations including Examinations until further notice. This includes registration for any exams and the suspension of the following exams scheduled in May and June: the May/June IGCSEs, A 'Levels and Checkpoint exams, IELTS, CIPS and the Cambridge English exams. The safety and security of our colleagues and customers is our highest priority. We hope to restart our work when it is safe to do so.
Please note communication on exams will be shared by British Council through its official channels.
For any queries, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Book your exam online and access our free preparation materials today.
When you book an IELTS test with the British Council, you also get included in your test fee:
- Exclusive, free access to our popular online preparation course 'Road to IELTS Last Minute course', which includes 100 interactive activities, 9 video tutorials and two IELTS Academic practice tests for each of the four skills
- Five extra Test Report Forms for free that we send free of charge to institutions you’re applying to (e.g. immigration offices, universities etc.)
Choose how to take your IELTS test and book online
You can take your test at one of our official test centres on paper or on a computer. All you need is a valid identification document.
|IELTS Academic in centre (on paper or computer)
|IELTS General Training in centre (on paper or computer)
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training)
|IELTS Life Skills (A1)
What you need to book:
- Make sure you have a form of valid ID passport or national ID card at hand. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16. If you're under 18, your parents will also need to complete the Parent consent for candidates under 18 form.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test by emailing our customer service at email@example.com for an invoice, which should be deposited at the British Council, Bank of Khartoum Sub-branch.
- Once you have made the payment, you will receive a confirmation email the following day.
After you have booked your test
Once you have completed the booking process, you will receive a confirmation giving you the start time of your test and the venue address.
Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within a 7 day window before your main test day. The test centre will contact you via telephone for the Speaking Test date. Please make sure that you have included your telephone number correctly when you book your test.
After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.
More information about the test
Download and read our Information for Candidates to learn everything you need to know about the format, the different exam components and test results.